Friday 14 August 2015

Fixate- My Honest Review

Is Fixate worth it???


Okay so we all know about this 21 day fix program that has recently taken over the nation and helping people lose weight.  I love the simplicity of the system and how easily it has taught myself AND my husband how to portion our meals and eat clean, while eating sensible foods.

Recently, Fixate was released. A new cookbook from Autumn herself and I am going to give my honest review of it and each recipe that I try- so I hope you can bear with me! Yes, I am a beachbody coach, yes I LOVE their products. BUT, (obviously) I LOVE food- I would not lie to you about food or flavour. If it tastes good, I'll eat it again and again and again. If not, then I will rip that recipe page right out and let everyone know. 😋 But, also let it be known that my taste buds don't like certain foods either. 

Okay, enough babbling- on with the show! Erm... Review.

I will update often as I try out every recipe! 

Soups
Chicken Noodle soup: not bad. I made this in my crockpot, by combining all the raw ingredients at low for 8 hours and upon fishing up, found me a mushy stew- next time I will be more prepared- it did taste pretty good though.

Salads
1.Caesar salad with Caesar dressing- this  was actually really good. For eating "clean" you really don't compromise much in the creamy dressing. 

2. Calabrese Salad- a simple caprese salad- I LOVE basil so of course I loved this recipe. 

3. Red Fruit Salad- okay, usually my husband scoffs at me when I put mango or diced apple or any other fruit in my salad- so when he ACTUALLY tried this one with me and said "it's not bad" then you know it's GOOD! I served mine up with Balsamic Dressing from the 21DFX meal guide as well as hemp seeds and subbing feta and it was delicious! 



Dressings & Spreads
Let me just tell you which ones I approve of:
-Asian vinaigrette
-blueberry jam( I actually used mixed berries and it my my family's FAVE!)
-Caesar salad- of course- I mentioned above!
-homemade salsa- I LOVE pico de gallo so yes, yes- this is FIVE thumbs up!


Breakfasts-
1. French Toast- is my favourite breakfast. In the whole world- for eternity, always has and always will be. These are so delicious. I would eat them more often if I didn't feel bad about eating maple syrup everyday- even if it's 1 tsp :(

I love pears and blueberries sprinkled with cinnamon as a side/topping too <3


2. Protein Pancakes: these were not ky fave. They were dry, but That may be my fault as the batter sat and really thickened up between batches. I will try them again, but will use vanilla protein powder this time. 😐

3. Protein Waffles: I LOVE these. I used some of my husband's Cookies & Cream protein powder and they have a tiny bit of sweetness even without a tap of maple syrup. Top with bananas and cinnamon and they are an awesome quick breakfast. 
 


Lunch:
1. Caprese Chicken. Do you want to know how I eat my chicken? This style- honestly fricken awesome flavour!  I wish I took a picture, but I always gobble it up.

2. Pizza- this is simple, we've actually made this before the fixate book. We LOVE using pitas they have a much better "pizza" flavour.



Dinner:
1. Mac & Cheese: I never actually ate very much of this recipe. I made this for my kids the week we first went vegetarian and my daughter gobbled it up- my son preferred waffles for lunch that week. I left out the chicken and broccoli and it wasn't bad- although I will add some chipotle spice or red pepper flakes if I make it for us "big" kids.

Update- we made this last week and it was pretty good. Mind you I subbed ground turkey for a protein and added some paprika and Cajun spice to the milk-cheese sauce but it was pretty tasty. Tasted like a super less salty hamburger helper.

Sides:
1. Roasted Squash- I used butternut as it was in season and it was pretty delicious. That butter and maple syrup topping sure makes it a great side dish!

2. Baked Zucchini: I LOVED it, my husband and son- not so much. My husband disliked the lemon but I really loved it- I actually added extra! This picture is horrible- my apologies!



Snacks:
1. Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese. Yup. And they are to DIE for. That gooey sweet filling is so amazing and it makes you forget that you are even eating healthy- I freeze them in a Tupperware container and warm them up! You NEED to make these now if you haven't already. 

Almond Chocolate Protein Squares: pretty good. I keep them in my freezer and pop them out 5 minutes before eating. Takes the sweet tooth craving away. 

Desserts:
1. Chocolate Chia Pudding: when I made this I had no idea what chia pudding was or how it was going to feel/taste. It was pretty good- definitely tastes like chocolate pudding, the texture is different but honestly not bad- I wish this portion was larger! I topped mine with strawberries and banana 🍓🍌




That's all for now folks! Like I said, I will try to update often, but as you can see, the Fixate cookbook is worth EVERY single penny in my books! For the $20 it costs- it's a great investment for a healthier lifestyle or transition. It is a valued cookbook in our home and many of my challengers! If you want to get your hands on one of these and learn all about the portion control system that helped me lose 30 lbs message me at mbritton96@beachbodycoach.com and we can discuss how to fit this program into your lifestyle

Coach Myranda 

No comments:

Post a Comment